Album: Baxter Dury, Happy Soup (Regal)
Sunday 14 August 2011
The little kid from the front of dad Ian's New Boots And Panties!! is 39 now, and Happy Soup is his third attempt to become something more vital than just another Jakob Dylan.
He specialises in Graham Coxon-ish lo-fi indie-pop, his spoken-word reveries more enjoyable than his singing as he spins assorted observations, mostly about women, often posh ones. It must be said, though, that on lines such as, "I fink my mate slept wiv you when you woz in Portugal," he sounds just like his dad.
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Lady Gaga attacked by Noel Gallagher in 2013 music rant
Bob Dylan's 'going electric' guitar from Newport Folk Festival sells for nearly $1m
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >