Album: Black Country Reunion, BCR, Mascot
Sunday 19 September 2010
A “supergroup” comprising the veteran rocker Glenn Hughes (Trapeze, Deep Purple), Bonzo’s boy Jason, guitarist Joe Bonamassa and a bloke from Dream Theater.
Their mission? To rock like it’s 1975 and the smoke is still billowing across Swiss lakewater. The playing is immaculate, but they don’t really sound like a settled band with something to say. Like all supergroups they sound like a sum of parts. The songs? Lick follows riff follows tom-roll follows scream follows dolorous cadence and the earth moves not.
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >