Album: Cassandra Wilson, Another Country (Membran)
Sunday 08 July 2012
Recorded in Florence and New Orleans with co-producer, co-writer and guitarist Fabrizio Sotti, this is a belting return to form by the best vocal artist in jazz.
It also marks the end of her 20-year contract with Blue Note, which increasingly look to be up jazz creek without a paddle. Bar "O Solo Mio" (which also gets a nice, funk-style reprise), all the material is original and includes some of Wilson's most passionate love songs. The vibe is acoustic and rootsy.
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >