Album: Dappy, Bad Intentions (Universal Island)
Dappy clearly doesn't believe in keeping his powder dry: no sooner has
"Intro" begun than he's off, attacking MPs, media and playa-haters in general in
that vituperative monotone patter.
Still, as an introduction to the album, it doesn't lie: he constantly boils over into splenetic, scattershot anger, most biliously in "Tarzan", "Tarzan 2" and "Fuck Them", an attack on "them ringtone rappers" every bit as charming as the title suggests. Even the album's most heartfelt ballad, "Good Intentions", seethes with righteous anger: "They don't listen when you tell 'em, tell 'em/All they understand is venom, venom". Meanwhile, he seeks solace with strange bedfellows, empathising with Chris Brown and Kurt Cobain (?), and collaborating with Brian May and The Wanted.
Download: Come with Me; Rockstar; Good Intentions
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Andreas Lubitz: Who is Germanwings co-pilot who 'locked out captain and crashed flight 9525'?
- 2 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 3 Germanwings crash: Descent may have been 'deliberate, suicidal choice' by pilot, claims experts
- 4 Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 5 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice
Jeremy Clarkson to host BBC's Have I Got News For You despite Top Gear exit
Jeremy Clarkson says it 'isn't hard' to create another Top Gear
James May hints Top Gear days are over following Jeremy Clarkson's BBC suspension
The Face of an Angel actress: I feel great empathy for Meredith Kercher’s family
James May hints he will not continue on Top Gear without Jeremy Clarkson
Nigel Farage brands LGBT activists 'filth' and 'scum' and accuses them of scaring away his children after they invade his local pub
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Russia threatens Denmark with nuclear weapons if it tries to join Nato defence shield
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Vote Ukip, says far-right group Britain First