Album: Dead Can Dance, Anastasis (Pias)
Australian duo DCD, much loved by 1980s goths and as closely associated with the 4AD aesthetic as the Cocteau Twins, haven't made an album since 1996.
"Anastasis" is the Greek word for "resurrection", but stasis is closer to the truth. It's business as usual for Lisa Gerrard and Brendan Perry. They split the vocals approximately 50/50, and Gerrard's habit of singing in ancient tongues maintains her mystique. Perry's problem is that you can understand what he's saying.
Arts & Ents blogs
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
If you had any doubt where Binky gets her brilliantly brassy disregard for social graces, episode se...
Kate Simko is a lady who has constantly worked towards to pushing herself musically. Though she make...
- 1 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 2 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 Be more professional! GCHQ staff rapped as WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange reveals messages that he says point to 'fit up'
- 5 Top A&E doctors warn: 'We cannot guarantee safe care for patients anymore'
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.