Album: Ellie Goulding, Lights (Polydor)
Sunday 28 February 2010
If Goulding looked a little awkward as she stepped up to receive the Critics' Choice award at The Brits, it's perhaps because the Herefordshire lass knew that she wasn't ready for it.
Don't be fooled by her peculiar faux-foreign diction: she's more of a Dido than a Björk. The Goulding I want to hear is one who's hidden herself away for a couple more years and come up with something 20 times as interesting as Lights. But she's already been rewarded with a Brit, so we're probably stuck with the Goulding we've got.
Artists unveils new exhibition inspired by Hastings beachart
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia