Album: EL-P, Weareallgoingtoburninhellmegamixxx3, (Gold Dust)
Friday 30 July 2010
More of a stopgap collection of incidental music and rudimentary beatscapes than a fully-considered follow-up to 2007's epochal I'll Sleep When You're Dead, this is nonetheless infused with El-P's characteristic dystopian sci-fi mood and edgy, paranoiac tone.
"Take You Out At The Ball Game" opens matters with waltzing strings sketching the melody before it's crushed by big drums, synths and indecipherable crowd chanting; thereafter, many of the tracks employ deep bass synth burrs, crunching beats and John Carpenter-esque lead synth lines. But it's El-P's way with a drum track that's best showcased here, particularly on the closing seven-minute "Eat My Garbage 2", where the sequences vary from the stilted to the slick and jazzy.
DOWNLOAD THIS Drunk With A Loaded Pistol; Meanstreak (In 3 Parts); Whores: The Movie
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Arts & Ents blogs
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Fifty Shades of Grey movie: Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson pictured in first scenes
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Emma Stone: 'Dating Andrew Garfield makes living in LA a lot less fun'
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >