Album: Eric Clapton, Old Sock (Polydor)
Saturday 23 March 2013
As in "comfy as an …". Clapton in sunny eclectic mode. Reggae, show tunes, Hank Snow and low-temperature choogling as far as the ear can hear – "All of Me", "Born to Lose", Gary Moore's "Still Got the Blues", buttressed by the rhythm attributes of Willie Weeks and Steve Gadd.
Messrs Winwood and Macca in da house, too. So yes, you can't argue with the quality of the fabric. It's difficult to tell, though, how much is sock and how much darn.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: What you shouldn't tweet about if you want to avoid jail today
- 3 Scottish independence: Five reasons Salmond is secretly hoping for a 'No' vote
- 4 Isis plan to 'behead random member of the public' in Sydney thwarted by Australian police
- 5 Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Laurie Lee's Rosie: What is it like to inspire a writer's work and be immortalised forever on the page?
Downton Abbey: Liam Neeson wants to be a stableman in period drama
Star Wars 7 leaked set photo of Adam Driver changes everything
The Walking Dead season 5 synopsis is full of spoilers and existential questions
Pharrell Williams says 'Blurred Lines' criticism is out of context
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'