Album: Go-Kart Mozart, On the Hot Dog Streets (West Midlands)
Lawrence Hayward, former leader of Felt and Denim, is one of underground pop's true eccentrics.
On the Hot Dog Streets, his third album under the Go-Kart Mozart alias, doesn't deviate from his novelty rock/bubble-pop vision (albeit while able to draw upon everything from dubstep to New Order), nor from his enduring obsessions: RAK records, 1970s kids' TV and, particularly, the degeneration of the English working class – all delivered in that deadpan Brummie tone.
Arts & Ents blogs
Kate Simko is a lady who has constantly worked towards to pushing herself musically. Though she make...
The Photography Blog: ‘Control Order House’ by Edmund Clark – Photographing our response to terrorism
Recent events in Boston have served as a painful reminder of the threat posed by terrorism. In Contr...
I’ve not heard many bands that had quite the same kick as Pendulum did. Their unbelievable fusion of...
- 1 The ‘Beverly Hills’ of Surrey pays more income tax than big cities of the North
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 'Revenge porn' is no longer a niche activity which victimises only celebrities - the law must intervene
- 4 The moral case on tax avoidance is overwhelming - and we all know Google wants to do the right thing
- 5 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea will be a reunion that can only end in tears
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.