Album: Go-Kart Mozart, On the Hot Dog Streets (West Midlands)
Sunday 24 June 2012
Lawrence Hayward, former leader of Felt and Denim, is one of underground pop's true eccentrics.
On the Hot Dog Streets, his third album under the Go-Kart Mozart alias, doesn't deviate from his novelty rock/bubble-pop vision (albeit while able to draw upon everything from dubstep to New Order), nor from his enduring obsessions: RAK records, 1970s kids' TV and, particularly, the degeneration of the English working class – all delivered in that deadpan Brummie tone.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >