Album: Helado Negro, Canta Lechuza (Asthmatic Kitty)
Sunday 17 July 2011
The impeccably hip credentials of HN's Roberto Carlos Lange (exotic Ecuador to Florida to Brooklyn background; he's an artist doing a "project"; album recorded in the middle of a field in Connecticut, etc) are rather at odds with the wonderfully gloopy Latin-cheese of this Spanish language, old school synth-session's best tracks.
Opener "Globitos" is a catchy piece of somnambulistic ear candy. On "20 Dia" he croons like Bryan Ferry. Download them now for a retro summer.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- < Previous
- Next >