Album: Kairos 4tet, Everything We Hold (Naim)
Saturday 01 June 2013
Mobo-winning Kairos bid for a broader audience with a third album produced by Jules Buckley (Antony & the Johnsons, Michael Kiwanuka).
Four of the eight tracks are vocals with lyrics by Rupert Friend, sung by Marc O'Reilly, Emilia Martensson, and Brit-souller Omar. It's a clever, sensitive record with Adam Waldmann's sax once again tootling circular grooves, but O'Reilly and Omar can sound off-puttingly portentous.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget