Album: Kindness, World, You Need A Change of Mind (Female Energy/Polydor)
An avant-dance producer with a Prince fetish who seves to reject "the crassness of contemporary culture"?
Adam Bainbridge, naturally, is hipster catnip, and yet you don't need an E8 postcode to enjoy this exceptionally artful debut. Bringing a lysergic haziness to bear on a collage of funk, disco, R & B and early house influences, it's like an Eighties mixtape played through an underwater radio: slo-mo, serpentine, and strangely moving, with the LCD-ish pathos of "House" a highlight.
Arts & Ents blogs
Thirteen-year-old Conor awakes in bed one night to discover that the yew tree outside his house has ...
It’s hard not to feel sorry for doe-eyed Andy. He spends months pining after Louise, has huge nostr...
Fragility of life looms large over an episode that closes with the scarring on Julie's stomach. Whil...
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria