Album: Kylie Minogue, The Abbey Road Sessions (Parlophone)
Sunday 28 October 2012
In which the Aussie pop icon goes into the iconic British studio with a full orchestra in tow, and comes out with what, counterintuitively, often turn out to be stripped-down reworkings of 16 Kylie classics.
It would be impossible to improve on "Can't Get You Out of My Head", but this take turns it into a pizzicato thriller score. What's revealed is what's often been outshone by the originals: the sheer quality of the songwriting and vocals.
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 3 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures