Album: Michel Petrucciani / NHOP, Live, (Dreyfus)
Sunday 13 September 2009
The perfect complement/antidote to Crystal Silence, this unrehearsed 1994 live radio recording from Copenhagen is the pure essence of jazz, piano and double bass combining for a truly magical duet.
Though the sound-mix is severe, the opening sequence ("All The Things You Are", "I Can't Get Started", "Oleo" and "All Blues") represents a peak of unforced improvisation. The curse of both players was that they were such virtuosi that it could be hard for them to play with anyone else. Here, each finds his ultimate match.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Arts & Ents blogs
Fifty Shades of Grey movie: Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson pictured in first scenes
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Emma Stone: 'Dating Andrew Garfield makes living in LA a lot less fun'
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >