Album: Moby, Wait for Me, (Rom/Universal)
Sunday 28 June 2009
The ultimate victim of his own success, such was the saturation of 1999's
Play that Moby became the musical go-to guy for car advertisers and an uncomfortable-but- willing participant whenever a TV panel show felt in need of a soft-spoken, bald, geeky vegan.
It was easy to forget how luscious and dazzling Moby records could be. And while Wait for Me is a sort of distillation of everything he has done before, it also contains, in its title track, a piece of music to remind you why Moby mattered in the first place.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >