Album: N-Dubz, Greatest Hits (Universal/Island)
Sunday 27 November 2011
Say what you like about N-Dubz: they know which side their bread's buttered.
Ever since Tulisa emerged as this year's Forces Sweetheart via X Factor, her profile has dwarfed those of her bandmates. Sensibly, therefore, their Greatest Hits has the songbird's chest dead-centre on the cover. The contents? N-Dubz's decent but never mindblowing urban pop features just the right balance of airbrushed aural sugar and lyrical realism to hold the ear of a generation.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 2 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 3 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 4 Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
- 5 What TripAdvisor users think of 16 of the world's most popular landmarks
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
Labour leadership contest: I would never quit the party, says Liz Kendall