Album: Nicki Minaj, Pink Friday... Roman Reloaded (Young Money/Universal)
Sunday 08 April 2012
Why is American hip-hop running scared of critics? Minaj refused to send out review copies of her second album, but it leaked anyway.
It starts poorly with "Roman Holiday", on which Minaj affects the worst Mockney accent since Audrey Hepburn, and thereafter alternates between exuberant chart pop and sparse, low-slung beats and pottymouthed bragging. Overlong at 19 tracks, it has its moments. There, Nicki. Was that so scary?
TVEnough to make ardent arachnophobes think twice
Will explain back story to fictional kingdom Westeros
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
This is what a film sex scene actually looks like on set (mostly awkward)
Cumberbacklash: Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange riles Marvel fans
Benedict Cumberbatch imagines 'explosive' Sherlock sex scene in graphic detail
Downton Abbey season 5 episode 6 - review: Thomas and Lady Edith show sad signs of the times
Halloween 2014: The scariest movies to watch on Netflix
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'