Album: One Direction, Take Me Home (Sony)
Sunday 11 November 2012
Boyband du jour One Direction know their audience.
By providing just the right amount of unthreatening sexiness ("Take it slow/ Let me kiss youuuu") alongside sing-into-your-hairbrush, life-enhancing pop, this has "OMG!!!!" written all over it. In pink glitter. The upbeat tracks are as catchy as conjunctivitis. But the slowies, such as the Ed Sheeran penned "Little Things", are too saccharine for anyone who doesn't practice kissing on the back of their hand.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'