Album: One Direction, Take Me Home (Sony)
Sunday 11 November 2012
Boyband du jour One Direction know their audience.
By providing just the right amount of unthreatening sexiness ("Take it slow/ Let me kiss youuuu") alongside sing-into-your-hairbrush, life-enhancing pop, this has "OMG!!!!" written all over it. In pink glitter. The upbeat tracks are as catchy as conjunctivitis. But the slowies, such as the Ed Sheeran penned "Little Things", are too saccharine for anyone who doesn't practice kissing on the back of their hand.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture