Album: One Direction, Up All Night (Syco)
At a recent pub quiz, I failed to answer a question about which two 2010 X Factor losers had No 1 singles in 2011.
"Cher Lloyd and... er..." The answer was One Direction, a cobbled-together quintet of barely pubescent boys with dish-mop hair and "are you local?" nostrils. Debut album Up All Night consists of 15 instalments of inoffensive daytime radio pop, of which half the songs sound like "I Want it that Way" by BSB, the other half like "Free Falling" by Tom Petty. It will sell by the zillion.
Arts & Ents blogs
The episode begins with Finn (Cory Monteith) at college, partying and accidentally participating in ...
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.