Album: Orbital, Wonky (ACP)
Sunday 01 April 2012
The Maglite-goggled Hartnoll brothers, their surname so close to that of the first Dr Who, have – like that series – been around so long that their once-futuristic style can now seem quaintly retro.
Their first new album in eight years sees the duo revisiting former glories. "New France" is worth a spin, as is the title track, but the blissed-out placidity of much of Wonky means that the name "Orbital", once evocative of wild rave chases around the M25, now suggests an afternoon in Ikea. Snorbital.
After giving gay film R-rating despite no sex or violencefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians