Album review: Bob Dylan, Bootleg Series Vol. 10: Another Self Portrait (Columbia)
While the Bootleg Series cupboard appears as well-stocked as ever, the value of outtakes from a notoriously weak album (Self Portrait) is debatable, though there are gems among the oddments.
The Civil War ballad "Pretty Saro" and Tom Paxton's "Annie's Going to Sing Her Song" are tenderly delivered, and "Working on a Guru" is an enjoyable, impromptu country-rocker with George Harrison on guitar.
A storming version of "Highway 61 Revisited" with The Band from the Isle of White leaves one gagging for the complete concert included in the deluxe set.
But the demos and stripped-back versions of the material offer few fresh insights, while a stilted take of "If Not for You" is laboured in the extreme.
Download: Pretty Saro; Highway 61 Revisited; Working on a Guru
Review: Of Mice and Men
By opportunistic local hoping to exhibit the work
Fans will be hoping the role finally wins him an Oscar
What do gigantic horse heads tell us about Falkirk?
Finnish Postal Service praises the 'self irony and humour' of the drawings
The actor has confessed to his own insecurities
Allotments are the focus of a new reality show
Arts & Ents blogs
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
An open letter to Nigel Farage: you may smile, but I am not seduced
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Abdullah Deghayes: My son was the martyr of a just cause, says father of British teenager killed in Syria conflict
- 1 ‘Leeds is on fire’: Huge chemical-fuelled blaze on Armley industrial estate leads to hazardous smoke warning for city
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Queen turns 88: David Bailey captures another side of the Queen in birthday portrait
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Criminals ‘using unmanned drones and infrared cameras to find illegal cannabis farms’ – and then steal from the growers