Album: Smith & Burrows, Funny Looking Angels (B-Unique)
Editors' frontman and Razorlight's ex-drummer?
Tom Smith and Andy Burrows are odd angels, indeed, making this LP of festive originals and covers a blessed surprise. Two tracks truly warm the cockles: winterscape "When the Thames Froze" and pub-bound vignette "Ain't New Jersey", on which Smith's baritonal melancholy melts into rousing, stoically sentimental finales. And if the rest is merely pleasant, hey, season of goodwill and all that.
Arts & Ents blogs
The Photography Blog: ‘Control Order House’ by Edmund Clark – Photographing our response to terrorism
Recent events in Boston have served as a painful reminder of the threat posed by terrorism. In Contr...
I’ve not heard many bands that had quite the same kick as Pendulum did. Their unbelievable fusion of...
The episode begins with Finn (Cory Monteith) at college, partying and accidentally participating in ...
- 1 The ‘Beverly Hills’ of Surrey pays more income tax than big cities of the North
- 2 Gareth Bale agrees new £130,000-a-week Tottenham contract - but can leave next season for £50m
- 3 'Revenge porn' is no longer a niche activity which victimises only celebrities - the law must intervene
- 4 The moral case on tax avoidance is overwhelming - and we all know Google wants to do the right thing
- 5 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea will be a reunion that can only end in tears
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.