Album: Soulsavers, The Light of the Dead See (V2/Cooperative)
The production team of Rich Machin and Ian Glover previously recorded with Mark Lanegan as primary vocalist (with cameos from the likes of Mike Patton and Gibby Haynes).
This time their collaboration is with one man: Dave Gahan, who developed an affinity with the duo when they supported Depeche Mode on tour. A barrel of laughs it ain't. Over sparse, semi-orchestral backing, Gahan tackles the big ones. Soulsearchers would be a more fitting name here.
Arts & Ents blogs
I’ve not heard many bands that had quite the same kick as Pendulum did. Their unbelievable fusion of...
The episode begins with Finn (Cory Monteith) at college, partying and accidentally participating in ...
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
- 1 British business: We need to stay in the European Union - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 2 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 3 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Mourinho will be a reunion that can only end in tears
- 4 Civil partnerships amendment 'could wreck' gay marriage Bill, Government sources warn
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.