Album: Street Sweeper Social Club, SSSC, (Cooking Vinyl)
SSSC is a duo project comprising two tireless political activists: guitarist Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave, and rapper Boots Riley of Oakland hip-hop crew The Coup.
You already know what it sounds like, and the cover image removes all doubt: an old-skool ghetto blaster with two machine-gun barrels. Nothing new, but plenty of militant, turbo-charged rock-funk with occasional showy displays of fingertip pyrotechnics, and exuberant rhymes on topics from Botox to slumlords.
Arts & Ents blogs
Thirteen-year-old Conor awakes in bed one night to discover that the yew tree outside his house has ...
It’s hard not to feel sorry for doe-eyed Andy. He spends months pining after Louise, has huge nostr...
Fragility of life looms large over an episode that closes with the scarring on Julie's stomach. Whil...
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria