Album: Take That, The Circus, (Polydor)
Sunday 30 November 2008
"Greatest Day", the current Take That single, was precision-tooled to be the soundtrack to a million office-party snogs.
And half the other songs on 'The Circus' sound prepped to become big sellers. Where Take That fall down is their ability as lyricists, with pastoral preposterousness such as "The Garden". (Cue images of some idyllic Eden invaded by soldiers.) It's all rescued by the throwaway hidden track at the end: a silly Hawaiian-sounding swingalong called "She Said".
Pick of the Album: Tiki That: the hidden track, 'She Said'
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 3 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
- 4 Iraq crisis: How Saudi Arabia helped Isis take over the north of the country
- 5 Barack Obama fist bumps Texas restaurant employee in support of gay rights
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action
- < Previous
- Next >