Album: Take That, The Circus, (Polydor)
Sunday 30 November 2008
"Greatest Day", the current Take That single, was precision-tooled to be the soundtrack to a million office-party snogs.
And half the other songs on 'The Circus' sound prepped to become big sellers. Where Take That fall down is their ability as lyricists, with pastoral preposterousness such as "The Garden". (Cue images of some idyllic Eden invaded by soldiers.) It's all rescued by the throwaway hidden track at the end: a silly Hawaiian-sounding swingalong called "She Said".
Pick of the Album: Tiki That: the hidden track, 'She Said'
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 4 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
- 5 'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'
New Netflix releases: The films and TV shows coming August 2014
Samuel Beckett's biographer reveals secrets of the writer's time as a French Resistance spy
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Star Wars Episode 7: Simon Pegg hints at disguised role
Guardians of the Galaxy review: A superficial and half-hearted Marvel film
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >