Album: The Hives, Lex Hives (Sony)
Track one on Lex Hives consists of Pelle Almqvist shouting "come on!" approximately 58 times. If you don't think this is brilliant, then this is probably not for you.
Like the Ramones or Motörhead, the Hives are commendably unchanging. You know exactly what to expect: high-energy, hugely entertaining garage rock. And, with the odd exception, that's what they deliver. If Lex Hives has one fault, it's that it makes you want to switch it off, go straight out and see the Hives live.
Arts & Ents blogs
Thirteen-year-old Conor awakes in bed one night to discover that the yew tree outside his house has ...
It’s hard not to feel sorry for doe-eyed Andy. He spends months pining after Louise, has huge nostr...
Fragility of life looms large over an episode that closes with the scarring on Julie's stomach. Whil...
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t