Album: The Little Willies, For the Good Times (Parlophone)
Sunday 08 January 2012
A second album of country covers. And while it may be that Norah Jones does not sing country like a coalminer's daughter, that doesn't mean she can't make country sing.
Besides, what is important here is the ensemble vibe. In Jim Campilongo they have a chap who knows one end of a Telecaster from t'other; the rest of them are listening hard and sharing that energy. Very musical, it is, if ever so slightly coffee table. Songs by Willie, Dolly, Lefty, Loretta...
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke