Album: Tricky, Tricky Meets South Rakkas Crew (Domino)
Sunday 29 November 2009
The fear, when you hear that an artist has handed last year's album over to remixers, is that they're suffering writer's block and stalling for time.
The reality, in this case, is – in every sense – something else. Tricky's 2008 album Knowle West Boy has been handed over to South Rakkas Crew, a dancehall production team from Florida who have transformed it into a high-voltage electro and sublime space-disco monster. In fact, Knowle West Boy is barely there, but something fantastic has appeared in its place.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Arts & Ents blogs
Fifty Shades of Grey movie: Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson pictured in first scenes
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Emma Stone: 'Dating Andrew Garfield makes living in LA a lot less fun'
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >