Album: Twisted Wheel, Twisted Wheel, (Columbia)
Sunday 29 March 2009
Twisted Wheel are a cocky Oldham trio whose rise has been aided by the patronage of Liam Gallagher and Paul Weller. (Those alarm bells are deafening, aren't they?)
Their music is a Vines/Jet-like boogie-woogie pitched squarely at the stag-night indie crowd. Guitars are turned up to speaker-busting volume, vocals are a throat-shredding perma-roar and the pace is high octane, until a token pair of closing slowies. Another bunch of gobby northerners, another record that stinks of spilt lager. Great.
Pick of the album: At least it's over in two minutes: 'She's a Weapon'
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The magicians using online collaboration to push boundaries
lifeIt takes year-long dedication to get Selfridges ready for 25 December. And they're already working on plans for 2015...
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Arts & Ents blogs
Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber announces he's 'retiring from music'
Coriolanus, theatre review: 'Tom Hiddleston has blazing stellar power'
Nymphomaniac, film review: 'Despite the surreal sex scenes this is a serious drama'
A special delivery: Behind the scenes on the set of 'Call the Midwife'
Justin Bieber's mishaps and controversies
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Ian Watkins: Police forces probed over earlier allegations as paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber announces he's 'retiring from music'
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >