Album: Various Artists, Smash Boom Bang! the Songs & Productions of Feldman-Goldstein-Gottehrer (Ace)
Unlike most of their peer Sixties songwriting/production teams, Bob Feldman, Jerry Goldstein and Richard Gottehrer didn't work with one eye lovingly trained on Broadway musical theatre, but remained focused on their first love, pop.
As well as writing and recording the original version of "Sorrow", their biggest success came with The McCoys' indomitable "Hang on Sloopy", but they could also turn their hands happily to soul with Jerry Butler, doo-wop with The Jive Five, pop-soul with Chubby Checker, and girl-group pop with The Angels' "My Boyfriend's Back". But their own finest moment came when they became The Strangeloves, progenitors of the deathless dumb-pop classic "I Want Candy".
DOWNLOAD THIS Hang on Sloopy; My Boyfriend's Back; I Want Candy; At the Discotheque
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture