IoS album review: Everything Everything, Arc (RCA)
Sunday 13 January 2013
After an acclaimed debut which managed to balance the experimental with the saccharine, Everything Everything are making a grab for the mainstream second time around.
With its ever so slightly grating falsettos and R&B-influenced structures, Arc is built with daytime radio in mind as much as the indie disco. You can hear the words now, too. And, such is Jonathan Higgs' intelligent approach to lyricism, that word is perfectly likely to be "genuflecting".
Will explain back story to fictional kingdom Westeros
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'