IoS album review: Everything Everything, Arc (RCA)
Sunday 13 January 2013
After an acclaimed debut which managed to balance the experimental with the saccharine, Everything Everything are making a grab for the mainstream second time around.
With its ever so slightly grating falsettos and R&B-influenced structures, Arc is built with daytime radio in mind as much as the indie disco. You can hear the words now, too. And, such is Jonathan Higgs' intelligent approach to lyricism, that word is perfectly likely to be "genuflecting".
TVEnough to make ardent arachnophobes think twice
Will explain back story to fictional kingdom Westeros
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Number of global billionaires has doubled since the financial crisis
- 3 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 4 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
- 5 North Korean officials 'publicly executed for watching South Korean soap operas'
This is what a film sex scene actually looks like on set (mostly awkward)
Cumberbacklash: Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange riles Marvel fans
Downton Abbey season 5 episode 6 - review: Thomas and Lady Edith show sad signs of the times
Orson Welles' unfinished final 'masterpiece' to be released for centenary
The Apprentice 2014 firing: Alan Sugar 'gets rid of the no-hopers' with triple elimination
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Nigel Farage and Frankie Boyle clash over Andrew Lawrence's 'Mock the Week' criticism