IoS album review: Green Day, Tre! (Reprise)
Sunday 09 December 2012
Tre! is the third instalment of a trilogy which has been overshadowed by singer Billie Joe Armstrong’s descent into Drug Hell.
Not that the contents are exactly headline-making material: this is Green Day doing what Green Day have always done. The episodic and epic “Dirty Rotten Bastards” may contain the startling line “I’ll chop a line of my best friend’s ashes”, but more typical is the Costello-esque pop-punk of “Amanda”. Business as usual, rehab or no rehab.
musicReview: Culture Club performs live for first time in 12 years
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader