IoS album review: Shelby Lynne, Live (Everso/Proper)
Sunday 02 December 2012
Two solo performances by the Alabamian songwriter, one in a guitar shop in Santa Monica (CD only), the other the lo-fi DVD capture of her show at London's Union Chapel in February – both raw, and sore and exploring the hurt that is Lynne (and her sister's) stock in trade.
Both sets are largely, but not entirely, composed of last year's Revelation Road, so you just know life ain't gonna be easy. But Lynne commits herself to the moment, as ever.
A The film has amassed an estimated $28.7 million in its opening weekend
A statement was published on his fansite, True To You, following release of new album
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women