Africa: the best pictures from David Attenborough's series
From sleeping rats to Sahara snow: the images that have captured a nation
David Attenborough’s hit TV show Africa finishes this evening.
The last episode The Future will look at the challenging manmade factors facing the continent’s wildlife, including poaching, foresting and climate change.
The series has been another success for the veteran naturalist, pulling in 8 million viewers for the first episode.
From sleeping rats to Sahara snow, take a look at the best pictures from Africa.
Africa finishes tonight on BBC1 at 9pm.
Arts & Ents blogs
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson