Cultural Life: Johnny Vaughan, broadcaster
Friday 17 July 2009
I listen to approximately four hours of hit music every morning. We've been playing a lot of Michael Jackson at the moment. "Beat It" is his best produced song, but the piece that best shows his talent is his version of "Ain't No Sunshine". The way he sings the word "stay", right at the start, has to be the best sung word ever! It tears you apart and I don't know how an 11-year-old could have that much soul.
I've just seen 'Pineapple Express'. I love everything Seth Rogen does. I also got the 'Godfather' trilogy on DVD, which has four extra hours of footage.
Recently I've been reading a lot of American crime writer Don Winslow. I also recommend 'Modern Ranch Living' by Mark Jude Poirier. It's full of tiny, trivial details, which really amount to something at the end.
I don't go to the theatre often. I did co-host the Old Vic's '24 Hour Plays' last year with James Corden. It was really intense. It's rare that a cynic like me succumbs to such an atmosphere.
'Capital Breakfast Show with Johnny Vaughan and Lisa Snowdon', weekdays from 6-10am on 95.8 Capital FM
filmIn Black Seahe is as audiences have never seen him before
MusicThe band accidentally called Londoners the C-word
Film 'I've never been comfortable on-screen', she says
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
David Cameron sets out immigration reforms: We should distrust Ukip and their 'snake-oil of simple solutions'
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police