Season’s repeatings: Classic Christmas films on TV this December
It’s time to kick back, eat a lot of chocolate and watch your favourite repeats of Christmas films
The majority of British adults watch four hours of repeats on TV every week, according to research last month. Over the Christmas period that could easily jump to four hours a day as repeats of our favourite films show on every channel.
On TV this Christmas are the ‘Christmas’ Christmas classics like The Grinch, The Muppet Christmas Carol and Love Actually, and then the perennial un-Christmassy but nevertheless Christmassy classics including Casablanca and ET.
Christmas TV staples Elf and It’s a Wonderful Life sadly don’t feature in this year’s terrestrial schedule.
We bring you twelve films of season’s repeatings coming to a television near you this Christmas
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
- 4 Tyler, The Creator says having new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
- 5 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
Lauren Bacall's last ever performance on Family Guy airs in UK tonight
Fifty Shades of Grey movie: New picture of Anastasia Steele unveiled
X Factor 2014 review: Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole clashed over Rouge Kiss
Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
Doctor Who, Listen, review: Possibly Steven Moffat's most terrifying episode
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Scottish independence: Britain faces 'constitutional crisis' at next election
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly