Video: After Brian Griffin dies... Family Guy dog's best moments
The cultured canine is no more, but he won't be forgotten
Brian Griffin may be dead, but his spirit lives on.
The much-loved dog died in “The Life of Brian” episode on Sunday, but his sharp wit, cerebral interests and luck with the ladies will not be forgotten.
The anthropomorphic pet was left fighting for his life in hospital in his final Family Guy episode after being run over by a car.
Fans have fought back with an online petition to resurrect Brian after the show’s producers said the idea to kill him off “sort of caught fire in the writer’s room”.
The petition states: “The writers of family guy didn’t just kill off one of their creations, they killed off the dog who has lived in our homes for the last 15 years. They killed the dog we all have come to love. They killed American’s dog!”
1. 'Brian, we are going to have ants'
2. Brian invites The Hills' Lauren for dinner
3. Brian controls Stewie
4. Brian yaps at bawling baby
5. Brian beaten up by Stewie
6. Brian dressed in bee costume
7. Brian gets down with texting
8. Brian so 'over' Stewie
9. Brian's first love Tracy Flannigan
10. The moment Brian meets his end. RIP Brian.
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches, it's time to act
- 5 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
The real reason Eddie Redmayne was cast as a trans woman in The Danish Girl
JK Rowling announces Harry Potter's son is starting at Hogwarts
Idris Elba is ‘too street’ to play 007, says James Bond author
Photographer fights ginger discrimination with vivid portraits of redheads
Akram Khan: Choreographer says dance is 'as important as maths and being a doctor'
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches, it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up