Andrew Marr to return to BBC One show after stroke
Journalist Andrew Marr is set to return his Sunday morning BBC One show at the beginning of September.
The 53-year-old author, journalist, historian, political commentator and former editor of The Independent has been off air since he suffered a stroke nine months ago.
Speaking of his return, Mr Marr said: "I'm hugely looking forward to coming back and want to give it my all but recovering from a stroke does take time.”
"We've taken the decision to start with the Sunday show in the autumn and I'm delighted to be returning to present Start the Week on Radio 4 later on in the year."
Mr Marr spent two months in hospital recovering from the stroke which he has blamed on tearing his carotid artery when exercising on a rowing machine.
His return follows a brief appearance in April as a guest on The Andrew Marr Show.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 4 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 5 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
Great British Bake Off, episode 4, review: Heat gets turned up as Iain goes into meltdown
Doctor Who kiss sparks Ofcom complaints over 'weird lesbian-lizard perv trip'
Emmys 2014: Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman and Steven Moffat win big awards for Sherlock
Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
Kate Bush, Hammersmith Apollo, gig review: Just what everyone was hoping for
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- < Previous
- Next >