Good Cop finale pulled by BBC after Manchester shootings
The final episode of police drama Good Cop will not be broadcast by the BBC tonight in response to the Manchester shootings this week.
The episode features scenes of violence against a female police officer.
On Tuesday women police officers Fiona Bone, 32, and Nicola Hughes, 23, died in a shooting and grenade attack in Greater Manchester.
Dale Cregan, 29, has been arrested on suspicion of their murders.
Good Cop, which stars Warren Brown, showed a police officer being murdered in the line of duty in its opening episode. The finale will be rescheduled to a later date.
"In light of news events, BBC One has postponed the final episode of Good Cop, due to transmit at 9pm tonight," the BBC said, in a statement.
Arts & Ents blogs
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Fela Kuti, Jewish food and The Great Gatsby are just some of the reasons why the rainy weather ahead...
- 1 Tears and cheers as David Beckham ends glittering career after helping PSG to final win
- 2 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 Cameron goes to war with press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.