The Spanish-language version of Breaking Bad's Saul Goodman has inexplicably divine hair
Saúl Bueno will host a late-night TV show
Metástasis, the upcoming Columbian version of Breaking Bad, has released the first image of its Saul Goodman character, who has the rather fine name of Saúl Bueno and hair that will blind you with its majesty.
The Spanish-language Saul will differ from Bob Odenkirk's original crooked lawyer not only in the hair department but in his day-to-day job, with Bueno hosting a late night talk show called Cuéntele a Saúl, riffing on a chat show model that is popular among Spanish-speaking audiences.
But mainly that name though. 'Saul Goodman' was intended to sound like 's'all good, man' in Breaking Bad, but while Metástasis has subbed in 'Bueno' for 'Goodman', Saul's first name stays the same, thus ruining the wordplay and meaning they may as well have just called him 'Dave Good'.
Here's some more differences you'll find in the low budget remake:
- Walt and Jesse will cook meth in an old school bus instead of an RV (Picture: Univision)
- They will steal methylamine from trucks instead of a train (Picture: Univision)
- Walt will flee to the Columbian mountains rather than a New Hampshire cabin (Picture: Univision)
- The Whites won't have a swimming pool (Picture: Univision)
Diego Trujillo will play Walter White in the remake, which is yet to be given an air date, with Robert Urbina as Jose (Jesse).
In other Saul Goodman news, his spin-off Better Call Saul is currently in the works at AMC, with Jonathan Banks set to make a return as Mike Ehrmentraut.
Grace Dent on TV The Secret Life of the Pub is sexist, ageist and a breath of fresh air
Art Megumi Igarashi criticises Japan's 'backwards' attitude to women's sexual expression
Ray Davies' Sunny Afternoon scoops the most awardsTheatre
Grace DentChannel 4 show proves there's no app for happiness
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Professional big game hunter Ian Gibson crushed to death by elephant during hunt
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
Better Call Saul creator Peter Gould on the creative concerns of a prequel, season 2 and the mind-numbing realities of the small courts
Game of Thrones season 5: Emilia Clarke praises characters who 'accept their femininity'
Britain's Got Talent 2015: RSPCA investigating Marc Metral's miming dog after cruelty complaints
Fifty Shades of Grey movie shows first sex scene 'after 40 minutes'
Glastonbury 2015 tickets: How to make sure you’re successful in Sunday's re-sale
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate