The Spanish-language version of Breaking Bad's Saul Goodman has inexplicably divine hair
Saúl Bueno will host a late-night TV show
Metástasis, the upcoming Columbian version of Breaking Bad, has released the first image of its Saul Goodman character, who has the rather fine name of Saúl Bueno and hair that will blind you with its majesty.
The Spanish-language Saul will differ from Bob Odenkirk's original crooked lawyer not only in the hair department but in his day-to-day job, with Bueno hosting a late night talk show called Cuéntele a Saúl, riffing on a chat show model that is popular among Spanish-speaking audiences.
But mainly that name though. 'Saul Goodman' was intended to sound like 's'all good, man' in Breaking Bad, but while Metástasis has subbed in 'Bueno' for 'Goodman', Saul's first name stays the same, thus ruining the wordplay and meaning they may as well have just called him 'Dave Good'.
Here's some more differences you'll find in the low budget remake:
- Walt and Jesse will cook meth in an old school bus instead of an RV (Picture: Univision)
- They will steal methylamine from trucks instead of a train (Picture: Univision)
- Walt will flee to the Columbian mountains rather than a New Hampshire cabin (Picture: Univision)
- The Whites won't have a swimming pool (Picture: Univision)
Diego Trujillo will play Walter White in the remake, which is yet to be given an air date, with Robert Urbina as Jose (Jesse).
In other Saul Goodman news, his spin-off Better Call Saul is currently in the works at AMC, with Jonathan Banks set to make a return as Mike Ehrmentraut.
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 3 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 4 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
The real reason Eddie Redmayne was cast as a trans woman in The Danish Girl
First Look at Bryan Cranston transformed into LBJ for HBO’s ‘All the Way’ film
Idris Elba is ‘too street’ to play 007, says James Bond author
This little boy loves books so much that he cries when his mother stops reading to him
Does this Game of Thrones season 6 filming location give away an important character death?
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up