The Spanish-language version of Breaking Bad's Saul Goodman has inexplicably divine hair
Saúl Bueno will host a late-night TV show
Metástasis, the upcoming Columbian version of Breaking Bad, has released the first image of its Saul Goodman character, who has the rather fine name of Saúl Bueno and hair that will blind you with its majesty.
The Spanish-language Saul will differ from Bob Odenkirk's original crooked lawyer not only in the hair department but in his day-to-day job, with Bueno hosting a late night talk show called Cuéntele a Saúl, riffing on a chat show model that is popular among Spanish-speaking audiences.
But mainly that name though. 'Saul Goodman' was intended to sound like 's'all good, man' in Breaking Bad, but while Metástasis has subbed in 'Bueno' for 'Goodman', Saul's first name stays the same, thus ruining the wordplay and meaning they may as well have just called him 'Dave Good'.
Here's some more differences you'll find in the low budget remake:
- Walt and Jesse will cook meth in an old school bus instead of an RV (Picture: Univision)
- They will steal methylamine from trucks instead of a train (Picture: Univision)
- Walt will flee to the Columbian mountains rather than a New Hampshire cabin (Picture: Univision)
- The Whites won't have a swimming pool (Picture: Univision)
Diego Trujillo will play Walter White in the remake, which is yet to be given an air date, with Robert Urbina as Jose (Jesse).
In other Saul Goodman news, his spin-off Better Call Saul is currently in the works at AMC, with Jonathan Banks set to make a return as Mike Ehrmentraut.
Watch the new House of Cards series three trailerTV
Oscars 2015It was the first time Barney has compered the Academy Awards
Oscars 2015 From Meryl Streep whooping Patricia Arquette's equality speech to Chris Pine in tears
Oscars 2015 Mexican filmmaker uses speech to urge 'respect' for immigrants
TV ReviewThe intrigue deepens as we delve further but don't expect any answers just yet
Razzies 2015 Golden Raspberry Awards 'honours' Cameron Diaz and Kirk Cameron
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Ed Miliband deemed less influential than One Direction's Louis Tomlinson by official Doncaster power list
- 3 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
Kurt Cobain's life and death: Montage of Heck film uses unseen footage to tell Nirvana frontman's story
Game of Thrones season 5 spoilers: What we can expect according to George RR Martin's books
Fifty Shades of Grey movie shows first sex scene 'after 40 minutes'
Drugs Live: Twitter responds to Jon Snow and Jennie Bond smoking cannabis
Jimmy McGovern's new TV series 'Banished': Why Australia's past has such resonance today
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'