The Spanish-language version of Breaking Bad's Saul Goodman has inexplicably divine hair
Saúl Bueno will host a late-night TV show
Metástasis, the upcoming Columbian version of Breaking Bad, has released the first image of its Saul Goodman character, who has the rather fine name of Saúl Bueno and hair that will blind you with its majesty.
The Spanish-language Saul will differ from Bob Odenkirk's original crooked lawyer not only in the hair department but in his day-to-day job, with Bueno hosting a late night talk show called Cuéntele a Saúl, riffing on a chat show model that is popular among Spanish-speaking audiences.
But mainly that name though. 'Saul Goodman' was intended to sound like 's'all good, man' in Breaking Bad, but while Metástasis has subbed in 'Bueno' for 'Goodman', Saul's first name stays the same, thus ruining the wordplay and meaning they may as well have just called him 'Dave Good'.
Here's some more differences you'll find in the low budget remake:
- Walt and Jesse will cook meth in an old school bus instead of an RV (Picture: Univision)
- They will steal methylamine from trucks instead of a train (Picture: Univision)
- Walt will flee to the Columbian mountains rather than a New Hampshire cabin (Picture: Univision)
- The Whites won't have a swimming pool (Picture: Univision)
Diego Trujillo will play Walter White in the remake, which is yet to be given an air date, with Robert Urbina as Jose (Jesse).
In other Saul Goodman news, his spin-off Better Call Saul is currently in the works at AMC, with Jonathan Banks set to make a return as Mike Ehrmentraut.
GlastonburyWI to make debut appearance at Somerset festival
TV reviewIt has taken seven episodes for Game of Thrones season five to hit its stride
FilmPalme d'Or goes to radical and astonishing film that turns conventional thinking about immigrants on its head
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Enrique Iglesias injured trying to catch a drone mid concert
- 2 Caitlyn Jenner, formerly Bruce Jenner, reveals new look on Annie Leibovitz shot Vanity Fair cover
- 3 Arsenal players boo chief-executive Ivan Gazidis after being told they would not get bonus for FA Cup triumph
- 4 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 5 UK weather: Temperatures set to soar making parts of Britain hotter than parts of the Mediterranean
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Michael Gove determined to scrap the Human Rights Act – even if Scotland retains it
Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
Threat to scrap Human Rights Act could see UK follow Nazi example, warns UN official
Why this year's general election was the most unfair in Britain's history