Climate change naysayers
Thursday 03 December 2009
There are many high profile naysayers to the much promulgated threat of climate change and global warming.
Most don't deny that the world's temperatures are rising or that the climate is changing, but they argue that such changes are the continuation of a long established cycle of environmental readjustment and that anthropogenic causes are not powerful enough to produce such effects.
Many dismiss the globally adopted ideas about climate change as 'alarmism' among politicians and see it as new form of religion adopted by those wishing to suppress or control.
Ahead of next week's summit at Copenhagen we take a look at some of the biggest names in climate change scepticism. And they are a pretty powerful bunch with the list spanning party leaders, ministers for the environment, high profile academics and famous TV environmentalists - in alphabetical order.
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
£34999 - £44001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top 10 Accounta...
£60000 - £80000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Product Specia...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£23500 per annum: Harrington Starr: Graduate Software Support Analyst (Compute...