10 best school bags
There’s not long until the new term starts. We find the best backpacks, satchels and record bags for kids of all ages
Tuesday 19 August 2014
One of the best bits about going back to school after the summer break is choosing a brand new school bag. But with so many colours, brands, styles, shapes and sizes to choose from, it can be hard to know where to start. So we’ve brought you the best that this year has to offer, with options for all ages, tastes and workloads.
Click on the gallery for the IndyBest buys
For younger children, we love the Concentrate Chairpadbag, with its multipurpose functionality. For older children, our vote goes to Nike Heritage AD Track Bag, which remains a firm favourite among British youngsters. Too masculine? Girls can’t fail to love the Smiggle Lucy Satchel Bag, which is available in a range of colours and designs.
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 200,000 back our campaign
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 President Obama comments on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train