10 best school bags
There’s not long until the new term starts. We find the best backpacks, satchels and record bags for kids of all ages
Tuesday 19 August 2014
One of the best bits about going back to school after the summer break is choosing a brand new school bag. But with so many colours, brands, styles, shapes and sizes to choose from, it can be hard to know where to start. So we’ve brought you the best that this year has to offer, with options for all ages, tastes and workloads.
Click on the gallery for the IndyBest buys
For younger children, we love the Concentrate Chairpadbag, with its multipurpose functionality. For older children, our vote goes to Nike Heritage AD Track Bag, which remains a firm favourite among British youngsters. Too masculine? Girls can’t fail to love the Smiggle Lucy Satchel Bag, which is available in a range of colours and designs.
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats