The 50 best gastro pubs
From chic city-centre cuisine to hearty roasts in cosy ramblers’ retreats, Rhiannon Batten presents the experts’ guide to finding a warm welcome, fine food and outstanding ales
Saturday 29 August 2009
Fiona Stapely is co-editor of The Good Pub Guide (£15.99, Ebury;www.thegoodpubguide.co.uk);
David Hancock is editor of Alastair Sawday’s Pubs & Inns of England & Wales (£15.99; www.sawdays.co.uk);
Jackie Bates is editor of the AA Good Pub Guide (£14.99, AA Publishing);
Iain Loe is Research Manager at CAMRA (www.camra.org.uk).
Click the image to the right to launch the 50 best gastro pubs
Leave your comments and suggestions below
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 1 The Boy in the Dress, TV review: David Walliams' Boxing Day treat is a celebration of being different
- 2 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 3 Andy Murray takes to Twitter to show off his Christmas jumper
- 4 Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 5 Top 10 travel destinations for 2015: From Haiti and Alaska to Namibia and Iceland