The 50 best gastro pubs
From chic city-centre cuisine to hearty roasts in cosy ramblers’ retreats, Rhiannon Batten presents the experts’ guide to finding a warm welcome, fine food and outstanding ales
Saturday 29 August 2009
Fiona Stapely is co-editor of The Good Pub Guide (£15.99, Ebury;www.thegoodpubguide.co.uk);
David Hancock is editor of Alastair Sawday’s Pubs & Inns of England & Wales (£15.99; www.sawdays.co.uk);
Jackie Bates is editor of the AA Good Pub Guide (£14.99, AA Publishing);
Iain Loe is Research Manager at CAMRA (www.camra.org.uk).
Click the image to the right to launch the 50 best gastro pubs
Leave your comments and suggestions below
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God