The 50 best gastro pubs
From chic city-centre cuisine to hearty roasts in cosy ramblers’ retreats, Rhiannon Batten presents the experts’ guide to finding a warm welcome, fine food and outstanding ales
Saturday 29 August 2009
Fiona Stapely is co-editor of The Good Pub Guide (£15.99, Ebury;www.thegoodpubguide.co.uk);
David Hancock is editor of Alastair Sawday’s Pubs & Inns of England & Wales (£15.99; www.sawdays.co.uk);
Jackie Bates is editor of the AA Good Pub Guide (£14.99, AA Publishing);
Iain Loe is Research Manager at CAMRA (www.camra.org.uk).
Click the image to the right to launch the 50 best gastro pubs
Leave your comments and suggestions below
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Muslims pre-date Columbus in discovering America,' says Turkish president Erdogan
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Former Tory PM Sir John Major says 'we would not have an NHS without migrants'
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Largest ever study into the gay gene 'erodes the notion that sexual orientation is a choice'