The 50 Best Beaches
With a long, hot summer predicted, there’s no better moment to catch a wave. Rhiannon Batten offers the experts' guide to golden sands and clear blue seas
Saturday 04 July 2009
Click the image to the right to launch the 50 best Beaches
Leave your comments and suggestions below
This week's panel:
Stuart Barrow is the policy manager for VisitEngland (enjoyengland.com/seaside)
John Romans is media & communications coordinator for ENCAMS, which campaigns to keep Britain tidy (encams.org)
Miranda Krestovnikoff is the author of Best British Beaches (£9.99, Pavilion)
Thomas Bell is coastal pollution officer for the Marine Conservation Society and the editor of the Good Beach Guide (goodbeachguide.co.uk)
Andy Cummins is campaigns manager at Surfers Against Sewage (sas.org.uk), a UK-based non profit-making organisation campaigning for clean, safe recreational waters
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Former Tory donor Arron Banks ups his Ukip donation to £1million following William Hague 'nobody' comment
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >