The Saturday quiz
1. Which catering establishment is immortalised in an 18-minute 1967 song by Arlo Guthrie (below)?
2. Since he left as manager of the England football team in 2006, which two other national teams has Sven-Goran Eriksson been in charge of?
3. The Gymnesian Islands and the Pine Islands together form what European island group?
4. Who, in 1845, described Britain as "two nations between whom there is no intercourse and no sympathy"?
5. The case of a con man who in the 1980s convinced people that he was the son of Sidney Poitier was the inspiration for which play?
6. Which artist has a university named after him in Aix-en-Provence?
7. Which American pop star – at his height in the 1970s and a hit at Glastonbury in 2010 – was born Stevland Hardaway Judkins?
8. Who, cinematically speaking, holidayed at Saint Marc-sur-Mer?
9. The Lions; Tory campaign HQ; Lily Allen, John Sergeant and Duncan Goodhew. What's the connection?
10. In February 1913, the Tea House at Kew Gardens was the target of an arson attack by what group?
interviewThe producer and activist, Trudie Styler, whose film 'Filth' is up for five film awards, is tapping into the industry's neglected female talent
musicBlack Sabbath have pulled off one of rock music’s great comebacks – against all odds
interviewHer estate has become the nation's glossiest food empire
theatreTheatre's hitmaker Daniel Evans on 'Oliver' and bringing 'The Full Monty' to the stage
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
travelFor broadcaster Mishal Husain, a long-haul Club Med holiday was a chance for her family to explore its sense of 'zen' and 'animation'
food + drinkFestive snacks don't have to be fiddly, says Bill Granger
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 David Duke: Former Ku Klux Klan leader expelled from Italy
- 4 Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant