The Saturday quiz
1. Ludwig Lazarus Zamenhof invented what language?
2. Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Kurt Vonnegut, Arthur C Clarke and James Herriot are among the writers to have had what named after them?
3. Which city came second behind London in the bidding to host the 2012 Olympic Games?
4. In which early-19th-century campaign did British soldiers first wear camouflage?
5. Devon hills; Pussy Galore; Bloomfield Road; Research In Motion. What's the connection?
6. The Scottish writer Charles Kenneth Scott Moncrieff (1889-1930) was notable for producing the first translation into English of which work of French literature?
7. The grounds of the White House have a garden named after which First Lady?
8. It started life in Boundary Road in 1985. From 2003 to 2005 it was in County Hall. Since 2008 it has been where?
9. Let Them Talk, released earlier this year, was which British actor's debut album?
10. The first organised indoor game took place in Montreal in March 1875. Which sport?
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Best films on Netflix: 32 movies that will put an end to your scrolling
- 3 Istanbul protesters take 'Ellen selfie' from the back of a police van
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Jet ‘hi-jacking’ began soon after take-off
- 5 Lady Gaga has struggled with eating disorders in the past, so it's indefensible that she's glamourising bulimia in her SXSW set