From the blogs
A slight deviation from style this week and admittedly a bit weird, but at least I can finally say I...
Owen Howells is a DJ/producer who grew up in Australia but was born in the UK. He came back to the U...
Justice, the bedrock of our society is for sale under the Government’s latest plan to sell legal aid...
Take inspiration from the green-fingered brigade who have been showing off their creativity at the R...
1. In tennis what is known colloquially as a triple bagel?
2. Which two American cities stood at either end of Route 66?
3. "Music is too precise to express in words" – said which German composer (1809-1847)?
4. The capital cities of Cambodia, Ethiopia, and El Salvador. What's the link?
5. Who was the first actor to be awarded a knighthood?
6. Who is the MP for Mid-Bedfordshire?
7. George Fox (1624-1691) was the leading figure in the foundation of which religious movement?
8. Good Times, Bad Times (1983) and My Paper Chase (2009) are two volumes of memoirs by whom?
9. Paul Henreid, Claude Rains, Sydney Greenstreet and Peter Lorre played four of the characters in this celebrated 1942 film. Who were its two stars?
10. In 2002 what changed its name to Aviva?
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 2 'He was always smiling': Lee Rigby named as Woolwich victim
- 3 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 4 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
- 5 Two bailed after arrest over Woolwich attack Twitter comments
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.