The Saturday Quiz
From the blogs
Justice, the bedrock of our society is for sale under the Government’s latest plan to sell legal aid...
Take inspiration from the green-fingered brigade who have been showing off their creativity at the R...
There are more empty shops on our high streets than ever before, says another report into the state ...
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
1. All in the Family was the US version of which British sitcom?
2. In 1969, which artist founded Interview magazine?
3. Bobby Charlton is the all-time leading goalscorer for the England men's football team. Kelly Smith is the all-time leading goalscorer for the England women's football team. But which has the higher total?
4. Corinne Bailey Rae, Alan Bennett, Jeremy Paxman, and Ernie Wise. What's the connection?
5. Which American (1901-1966) is to be the subject of Philip Glass's new opera, The Perfect American?
6. Which French writer, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1957, died in a car accident in Burgundy in 1960?
7. Tapestry by Carole King; Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by the Beatles; Innervisions by Stevie Wonder; The Queen is Dead by The Smiths. All examples of what?
8. Respect – as in the Respect party – is an acronym for what?
9. In which US state is Cape Cod?
10. In 1667, which English island was briefly occupied by the Dutch during one of the Anglo-Dutch wars?
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.