The Saturday Quiz
1. All in the Family was the US version of which British sitcom?
2. In 1969, which artist founded Interview magazine?
3. Bobby Charlton is the all-time leading goalscorer for the England men's football team. Kelly Smith is the all-time leading goalscorer for the England women's football team. But which has the higher total?
4. Corinne Bailey Rae, Alan Bennett, Jeremy Paxman, and Ernie Wise. What's the connection?
5. Which American (1901-1966) is to be the subject of Philip Glass's new opera, The Perfect American?
6. Which French writer, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1957, died in a car accident in Burgundy in 1960?
7. Tapestry by Carole King; Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by the Beatles; Innervisions by Stevie Wonder; The Queen is Dead by The Smiths. All examples of what?
8. Respect – as in the Respect party – is an acronym for what?
9. In which US state is Cape Cod?
10. In 1667, which English island was briefly occupied by the Dutch during one of the Anglo-Dutch wars?
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127