The Saturday Quiz
1. Which publication was founded in Newcastle on Tyne by Chris Donald in 1979?
2. Who lived from 1920-92, wrote more than 500 books and has a crater on Mars named after him?
3. What item of clothing is a Borsalino?
4. Elton John just received a "medal of gratitude" for helping bring down the communist regime in which country?
5. Dating from the 5th century BC, which is the largest passenger port in Europe?
6. Which major London institution occupies the site of the one-time Millbank Prison?
7. The Vieux Carre is in which US city?
8. Ronald Searle drew the picture for the Molesworth books but who wrote the words?
9. The Ninety-FiveTheses, (1517), is regarded as the primary catalyst for what movement?
10. Which band was formed when its two founder members met at Freshers' Week at London University in 1996?
Jo from Northern Ireland was less than impressed by Russell Brand's attempt to stage a publicity stunt
When teaching the meaning of Christmas backfires
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more