The Saturday Quiz
From the blogs
The main course on most beer matching menus tends to be meat. Not just any meat, pork. And I’m not t...
Norman Tebbit is not the first Tory peer to raise the hypothetical possibility of an heir to the thr...
"Being in Chagos is an incredibly special experience," says Rachel Jones, deputy team leader of the ...
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
1. Which publication was founded in Newcastle on Tyne by Chris Donald in 1979?
2. Who lived from 1920-92, wrote more than 500 books and has a crater on Mars named after him?
3. What item of clothing is a Borsalino?
4. Elton John just received a "medal of gratitude" for helping bring down the communist regime in which country?
5. Dating from the 5th century BC, which is the largest passenger port in Europe?
6. Which major London institution occupies the site of the one-time Millbank Prison?
7. The Vieux Carre is in which US city?
8. Ronald Searle drew the picture for the Molesworth books but who wrote the words?
9. The Ninety-FiveTheses, (1517), is regarded as the primary catalyst for what movement?
10. Which band was formed when its two founder members met at Freshers' Week at London University in 1996?
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 Why Arsène Wenger must spend to put icing on the cake and buy likes of Stevan Jovetic for Arsenal
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.