The Saturday Quiz
From the blogs
As England’s new football strip – made by Nike – is revealed today, new research shows the English F...
The Photography Blog: ‘Control Order House’ by Edmund Clark – Photographing our response to terrorism
Recent events in Boston have served as a painful reminder of the threat posed by terrorism. In Contr...
When I was first in talks about this job, I was surprised to hear we were planning to open on the we...
I’ve not heard many bands that had quite the same kick as Pendulum did. Their unbelievable fusion of...
1. Which publication was founded in Newcastle on Tyne by Chris Donald in 1979?
2. Who lived from 1920-92, wrote more than 500 books and has a crater on Mars named after him?
3. What item of clothing is a Borsalino?
4. Elton John just received a "medal of gratitude" for helping bring down the communist regime in which country?
5. Dating from the 5th century BC, which is the largest passenger port in Europe?
6. Which major London institution occupies the site of the one-time Millbank Prison?
7. The Vieux Carre is in which US city?
8. Ronald Searle drew the picture for the Molesworth books but who wrote the words?
9. The Ninety-FiveTheses, (1517), is regarded as the primary catalyst for what movement?
10. Which band was formed when its two founder members met at Freshers' Week at London University in 1996?
- 1 The ‘Beverly Hills’ of Surrey pays more income tax than big cities of the North
- 2 Gareth Bale agrees new £130,000-a-week Tottenham contract - but can leave next season for £50m
- 3 'Revenge porn' is no longer a niche activity which victimises only celebrities - the law must intervene
- 4 The moral case on tax avoidance is overwhelming - and we all know Google wants to do the right thing
- 5 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea will be a reunion that can only end in tears
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.