The Saturday Quiz
1. What is the upper age limit for entrants to the Turner Prize?
2. The concept of "cloud-cuckoo land" originated with which Ancient Greek playwright?
3. Which annual sports event was created by Albert I, Prince of Monaco, in 1911?
4. How many times do the pips sound on the hour?
5. What is the Pope's Twitter address?
6. "The Boss of the Plains" – a style of hat created in the 1860s – soon became known as what?
7. Which leading opera is based on a 19th-century novella by the French writer Prosper Mérimée?
8. The Zurich and London Agreement of 1960 led to the independence of which southern European Country?
9. What is the English translation of Kraftwerk?
10. August Strindberg; Muriel Spark; Claude-Michel Schonberg and Alain Boublil; Sandra Bullock. What's the connection?
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
- 1 Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
- 2 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe the Stark may have a twin sister
- 3 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 4 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 5 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine