The Saturday Quiz
1. What is the upper age limit for entrants to the Turner Prize?
2. The concept of "cloud-cuckoo land" originated with which Ancient Greek playwright?
3. Which annual sports event was created by Albert I, Prince of Monaco, in 1911?
4. How many times do the pips sound on the hour?
5. What is the Pope's Twitter address?
6. "The Boss of the Plains" – a style of hat created in the 1860s – soon became known as what?
7. Which leading opera is based on a 19th-century novella by the French writer Prosper Mérimée?
8. The Zurich and London Agreement of 1960 led to the independence of which southern European Country?
9. What is the English translation of Kraftwerk?
10. August Strindberg; Muriel Spark; Claude-Michel Schonberg and Alain Boublil; Sandra Bullock. What's the connection?
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson