The Saturday Quiz
1. What is the upper age limit for entrants to the Turner Prize?
2. The concept of "cloud-cuckoo land" originated with which Ancient Greek playwright?
3. Which annual sports event was created by Albert I, Prince of Monaco, in 1911?
4. How many times do the pips sound on the hour?
5. What is the Pope's Twitter address?
6. "The Boss of the Plains" – a style of hat created in the 1860s – soon became known as what?
7. Which leading opera is based on a 19th-century novella by the French writer Prosper Mérimée?
8. The Zurich and London Agreement of 1960 led to the independence of which southern European Country?
9. What is the English translation of Kraftwerk?
10. August Strindberg; Muriel Spark; Claude-Michel Schonberg and Alain Boublil; Sandra Bullock. What's the connection?
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
travelFor broadcaster Mishal Husain, a long-haul Club Med holiday was a chance for her family to explore its sense of 'zen' and 'animation'
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant